Just some kid from the Chicago suburbs that moved to the southwest, went to law school, and ended up confronted with shifting ideals. My thoughts...boring and unedited.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

would you vote for me?

my vote has never "counted" because the guy/gal i voted for has never been close to winning any election. mostly because i cannot stand either of the major parties...democrats because they have abandoned their ideals and are just as full of shit as everyone else, republicans because they are bringing shame to the party of Lincoln. my first presidential vote was a write in for myself...thought Gore was useless and GW royally fucked the educational system in texas.

anyways, i want to run for office...if you've heard me rant and rave you know where i stand on a lot of issues (although i tend to take the unpopular side in an argument, just to piss you off and make the conversation interesting). i have a problem though...the impression i get, and what i am told by friends is that my "vision" (what a crock of shit that word is in politics) will not speak to those that actually vote, and may actually turn them off. this, and despite me being an incredibly handsome and articulate young, white male...i just don't quite have the charisma to pull off a grass-roots-stick-it-to-the-fucks- in-washington kind of campaign. unless of course...you would vote for me. well, you and a hell of a lot of your friends.

and if you won't vote for me...atleast stop voting for one of the two major parties just because you think they have a chance and aren't quite as bad as the other guy/gal from the other major party. the reason we are so fucked now is that no matter how miserable they are at what they do, we send them back. send a message...kick em all out...send me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home