Just some kid from the Chicago suburbs that moved to the southwest, went to law school, and ended up confronted with shifting ideals. My thoughts...boring and unedited.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

boy king takes one for the team, obama’s legitimacy, and a dream campaign...

the boy king is making sacrifices in solidarity with the soldiers he ordered off to their physical and psychological maiming and death by...and I promise you, I could not make this up...quitting golf during the war. that's right, ol' georgey is just like you and me. he feels he "to the families [of soldiers] to be in solidarity as best as [he] can with them." I mean, for christ's sake, he was pulled off the golf course to be informed of a "good man" (Sergio Vieira de Mello of the UN, not any american soldier or iraqi civilian) dying in a bombing. and it was at that point that he said to himself - "it's just not worth it anymore to do." damn right georgey ol' boy...take one for the team, put that putter down. I don't know about you, but if I am getting shot at and bombed constantly in a god-forsaken desert for no apparent reason, my spirit is lifted by the knowledge that the ridiculously rich failure of a man who rode daddy's coattails his entire life and skipped out on real military service is so much with me that he will put the nine iron away while my life is on the line. it is, afterall, literally the least he could do.

and this is what we get when we allow bullshit phoney people into office because they claim to be just like you and me. the boy king rode this crap to the white house, twice...and then proves it by not playing golf as long as young kids are dying for his boneheaded dreams. on the other hand, hillary clinton proclaims that she knows what life is like for you and I and "hard-working white americans" - just ignore the $100 million in the bank (when was the last time you could afford to piss away $11 million dollars on a failed run for office?) - but hell, she must understand because she drank whiskey and beer. and then there is obama...I was really concerned that he was an out-of-touch elite asshole (you know, the kind that would claim not getting in 18 on sunday was a "sacrifice" to show he's got the soldier's backs), but then I saw him nail that bank shot in a pool hall the other day. now I know he's just like me...and that is exactly what we need in the white house. why should we bother asking ourselves if these people can actually empathize with regular americans...as long as they drink the right shit its good enough for me.

mccain and obama have expressed interest in the first real presidential campaign in my lifetime. they are discussing the possibility of campaigning together and engaging in town halls and lincoln-douglas style debates...not the bullshit "debates" offered us by the networks, but actual debates, about actual issues. imagine that...democracy as it was meant to be...candidates taking the job seriously, taking the american people seriously, and providing the information that the citizenry are entitled to in forming intelligent decisions about the direction of the nation and who they want at the helm. it has me dreaming of an america that actually works...which makes me realize it will never happen.

I wanna thank you all for nothin' - nothin' at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home