Just some kid from the Chicago suburbs that moved to the southwest, went to law school, and ended up confronted with shifting ideals. My thoughts...boring and unedited.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

this must be a joke...

last night was an embarrassment to the nation...two purportedly serious journalists gave us an hour of "you can't be president if you don't degrade the flag by wearing it as clothing" and "I dare you to say the other one can't win the job." this was a pathetic indictment of the national media and a flashing red light of the problems inherent in our system. we require informed citizenry...and these fucking bozos continue to do everything they can to keep us from being informed...

how is it that a democratic primary debate is solely focused on uber-conservative rovian talking points? I guess its the liberal media...

hillary said the story she told a few times about being under sniper fire in bosnia was not as she knew the truth to be...where I come from, we call that lying...

and I come from the same neighborhoods as you mrs. clinton...and your family moved out as soon as your old stomping grounds became known for the influx of darker skinned folks into the suburbs...and I'm supposed to believe a black son of a single white mother in kansas is an elitist?

it is so refreshing to hear from a serious democrat politician that the clinton years were not good...and the "liberals" are finally starting to realize that bill clinton was the most effective republican president the conservative movement could have hoped for...

how do people not jump all over hillary for suggesting obama is a problem because he served as an unpaid member of the board of a philanthropic organization designed to assist poverty stricken neighborhoods in chicago? working to promote civic values and employment and assistance to those in need, the bastard. good god...why would any self-respecting democrat want to support a man that actually worked to help those in poverty rather than giving them "free" trade?

her point is all the more amusing considering her service to walmart...yup, way to go hillary...

I still cannot understand how self-proclaimed feminist women look up to hillary...she quit her career for her husband's...she let a man walk all over her for decades and humiliate her in the national and world spotlight...what exactly is empowering about this?

anyone else notice how georgey and charlie made obama's point about the ludicruous and defeating nature of our "politics" over and over again?

the supremes upheld lethal injenction 7 to 2...but they couldn't agree on why. immediately thereafter they all met with the pope for dinner. think about that for a minute...

white folks are still mad about rev. wright giving the sermon MLK would be giving if her were still alive (note, as soon as MLK began to move in that direction, some white folk shot him). how many of them are fawning over the pope being in town? now how many of them took note when the pope said the american promise and dream has never been fulfilled for indians and blacks? german guy says it, fine. black man says it, uproar.

hillary again claimed she would not have chosen wright as her pastor. I so badly wanted obama to state the obvious - she wouldn't because the woman wouldn't be caught dead on chicago's south side. us cracker suburbanites only go to the south side is to get to the united center...and then you roll up the windows and lock the doors. that way it is easy to ignore how much pain ending welfare as we know it has caused...and who brought us that - yup, clinton.

if I'm a pennsylvanian this morning I am really, really pissed off. charlie and georgey didn't do shit to address a damn thing I give a shit about. but at least I know who will wear the flag as clothing...

of course I am also aware that charlie is very concerned about whether people making thirteen times, or only ten times, more than myself will get hit with taxes...thanks chuck, I've been concerned as to how in god's name people making $200,000 a year are to get by if their taxes go up a little bit...

never mind that I just paid a quarter of my income in taxes...and I can assure you I make only a fraction of that $200,000...

and what do I get for throwing my money at a government that has been run by conservatives in the white house since carter? I get to spend an equal share on insurance and can still never afford to go to the doctor or get in an accident. I get no peace of mind whatsoever. I get to sleep tight with the knowledge that if disaster strikes, I am on my own and out on the street without any help from society.

but at least I can put a few more X's on the wall for arabs killed with my money...

and on that note...I will return to my shame at the state of our "democracy" - thank god we have a responsible press corp to play the vital role in an engaged democracy...without them I might actually have hope...

this town needs a fire...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home