Just some kid from the Chicago suburbs that moved to the southwest, went to law school, and ended up confronted with shifting ideals. My thoughts...boring and unedited.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

if tonight belongs to you, tomorrow's mine...

another christmas holiday come and gone. this one was full of family and flakes, lots and lots of snowy ones. there is nothing quite like powder skiing through the trees to make you forget all that is wrong with the world. unfortunately, it never lasts...eventually, the legs grow tired, the clouds part and you inevitably leave the mountain behind.

every trip to the mountains has become a complete mind-fuck for me. it is impossible to imagine anywhere else in the world could be right when you are gazing over the range with that white stuff underfoot...except when it is gone it makes me pine for the city all the more. I am constantly reminded that I just may not quite fit anywhere...mountains, ocean, city, town...fuck it.

the resume has gone to new york...and I hope to soon follow. albuquerque, you've been good to me, but we both knew this would never last.

I miss you...those of you included know who you are. I miss the nights in the basement. I miss the knocks on the window. I miss the drives. I miss the constant amazement. I miss the feeling of home.

if you were a pill I'd take a handful at my will, and I'd knock you back with something sweet and strong...plenty of times you'd wake up in the February make-up, like the moon and morning star - you're gone.

yesterday was theirs to say this is their world and their time...

well if tonight belongs to you...tomorrow's mine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home