Just some kid from the Chicago suburbs that moved to the southwest, went to law school, and ended up confronted with shifting ideals. My thoughts...boring and unedited.

Monday, January 09, 2006

yet another reason to hate this town...

so i pulled into my driveway for lunch today and saw someone take off down the other end of the driveway dropping one of my roommate's duffle bags on his way out...naturally i took off after him (in my new shiny shoes and pinstriped suit...hardcore, i know). a neighbor was walking home and got ready to tackle him about a half block away when the guy pulled a knife (which ended up being one of my miracle blad steak knives) and so everyone backed off and i relayed to the 911 dispatcher where the guy was headed. unfortunately no cops were in the immediate vicinity so he was long gone by the time the five oh showed up.

well...turns out he broke my roommates door to get in, ransacked her room and was in the process of doing the same to mine. apparently didn't find much to satisfy him (nevermind the gold jewelry and other little expensive gadgets...say a laptop...cellular phone...you know, stuff actually worth money). the bag had a bunch of cd's in it...and they were mine, so you know they weren't worth much.

joe p. burglar is lucky my roommate didn't come home...she would've fucked him up (for those of you that know her...no explanation is necessary)...

anyways...i had a bad day. i moved to this neighborhood to get away from this shit...i mean, the swat team on my porch a few years ago (that's a hell of a story too) was kind of the final straw. of course it inevitably means i get broken into here. gotta hand it to the guy...he had balls...semi-busy street, the lunch hour, nosy old neighbors.

i should have handed him a card...he'll be needed it someday, probably sooner rather than later.

anyways...here is the part of it that really pisses me off...the guy was hispanic/latino. and a few hours later i walked into a 7-11, noticed a medium build hispanic man with gloves on...i kept an eye on him. that upsets me. so thanks asshole.

needless to say at least i haven't immediately slipped back into prosecutor mind set...which i suppose is a good sign. and the fucker scared the shit out of my cat...which really upset me.

i really need to get out of this fucking town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home